A growing range of courses can be completed entirely online and at the student’s own pace, meaning reduced travel costs, time and the flexibility to combine work and study.
A number of our online courses are AMSA-approved, which means they can qualify successful participants to undertake specific roles or duties on vessels in Australia. These are:
- Crowd Management: meet the requirements to be designated on the muster list to assist passengers in emergency situations.
- Crisis Management: meet the requirements to hold responsibility for the safety of passengers in emergency situations on board passenger ships
- Security Awareness: required by all AMSA certificate-holders (Certificate of Safety Training, Certificate of Proficiency Ratings, Chief Integrated Ratings, Certificate of Competency)
- Designated Security Duties: qualify to perform security duties including anti-piracy and anti-armed-robbery activities.
Other online courses provide professional development and maritime industry-specific training, including:
- Safe Bulk Loading Practice: helps terminal and vessel staff load bulk carriers safely, reducing the risk of accidents in port and at sea.
- Contribute to Safe Cargo Operations on Offshore Support Vessels: covers the skills and knowledge required to undertake a range of offshore activities on board an offshore support vessel.
To meet the needs of the maritime industry, we are currently developing new online courses. Courses due to be available this year online include:
- Tanker Familiarisation (Oil and Chemical)
- Tanker Familiarisation (Gas)
Find out more about our online courses.
Please contact us if you have any questions about online courses.