Crowd Management Online
Crowd Management training is offered as an online course. The course meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on ro-ro passenger ships and on passenger ships other than ro-ro passenger ships in Regulation V/2, pa. 4, 5 and 6 and specified in the STCW Code Sections A-V/2, pa 1 and 2.
Online Course Registration
To register for the course, please complete registration details form. After submitting the form, payment options will be provided.
Payment of course fees, or authorisation to invoice from your company is required before your online account is created. The online account creation process takes between 3-4 business days.
AUD $380 (GST inclusive)
Online: approximately 7 hours to complete
Crowd Management online is provided utilising the University of Tasmania’s online learning environment, MyLO.
Computer setup: Check the computer and/or browser are set up to enable MyLO to work properly by running a ‘system check’.
The course aims to meet the mandatory requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on ro-ro passenger ships and on passenger ships other than ro-ro passenger ships as specified by the STCW and required by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
How to use the online learning system
MyLo is the University of Tasmania’s ‘My Learning Online’ system. Help may be found at the ‘Student help’ tab at the top of every page.
The course is made up of 4 types of activity:
- Written learning material that also contains images.
- Video footage that explains the written material and also shows examples of how to perform in drills, passenger instruction and in an emergency.
- Self assessment questions (SAQ) that will help you remember the learning material and assess how well you have understood it. You may visit the SAQ as many times as you wish.
- A final assessment that is made up of a random selection of the self assessment questions. There are limits to the number of times you may attempt the final assessment and there is a minimum pass mark.
Work through each of the pages by either following the table of contents at the left or by clicking the forward or backward arrows that you will see at the top right of each MyLo page.
A trainee successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board
- Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency
- Demonstrate the use of life-saving appliances
- Comply with the ships safety and emergency procedures.
This course meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on ro-ro passenger ships and on passenger ships other than ro-ro passenger ships in Regulation V/2, pa. 4, 5 and 6 and specified in the STCW Code Sections A-V/2 pa 1 and 2.
The following certificate will be issued by AMC to participants who successfully complete the course, which will allow you to obtain an endorsement from AMSA. Please allow up to 5-7 days after completing the exam to receive the certificate:
- Passenger Ship Safety – Crowd management training and Safety training for personnel providing direct service to passengers in passenger spaces, meeting the requirements of STCW Reg V/2 and Code Section A-V/2, para 1 and 2.
Certificates will be posted via Registered Post within and Australian and overseas. Additional charges are applicable if next day delivery is required.
To secure a course registration, payment of the course fee are required. Payment methods accepted:
- Credit Card (online or via (03) 6324-9850)
- Bank Deposit
- Cheque/Money Order
- Company Invoice (approved companies only)
Detailed payment options will be made available after registration is submitted.