About Security Officer
Security Officer is an inclusive course that incorporates the training requirements for all Security roles within its Australian Maritime Security Course.
This course meets the requirements of the ISPS Code, SOLAS Amendments 2003, and the Australian Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Regulations 2003.
Short course options
You can choose from the following short courses; please let us know when you book.
- Ship Security Officer (SSO)
- Designated Security Officer (DSO)
- Port/Port Facility Security Officer (P/PFSO)
- Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Head Security Officer (HSO)
- Offshore Facility Security Officer (OFSO)
Case studies and course assessments for their nominated role must be successfully completed in order for participants to be eligible for the issue of an AMC Certificate in their nominated Security role.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Status||Price||Register Now|
|Sydney, NSW||19 Sep 2018||21 Sep 2018||Places Available||$2,450.00||Apply|
This course is also available on demand. To express interest, please contact us.
Acknowledgement of registration will be provided by return email. Confirmation of registration is provided upon payment of the course fees, and subject to AMCS Registration Terms.
2018: AUD $2,450 (GST exempt)
Course Fee Includes
- Course notes and writing materials
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Complimentary WIFI access
Participants who successfully complete this course may receive:
- AMSA Certificate for Ship Security Officers, meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/5 and Code Section A-VI/5, Table A-VI/5; and AMSA Certificate for Designated Security Duties, meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/6 and Code Section A-VI/6 paragraph 8, Table A-VI/6-2; or
- AMC Certificate for Port/Port Facility Security Officer (P/PFSO); or Company Security Officer (CSO) ; or Head Security Officer (HSO) ; or Offshore Facility Security Officer (OFSO)
- Ship Security Officer: AMSA approved, in accordance with Marine Order 70 (Seafarer Certification) 2014SSO: AMSA approved, in accordance with Marine Order 70 (Seafarer Certification) 2014
- Designated Security Officer: AMSA approved, in accordance with Marine Order 70 (Seafarer Certification) 2014
To secure a course registration, payment of the course fee are required (or at minimum of 50% deposit). Payment methods accepted:
- Credit Card (online or via (03) 6324-9850)
- Bank Deposit
- Cheque/Money Order
- Company Invoice (approved companies only)
Detailed payment options will be made available after registration is submitted.
AMCS Registration Terms
To secure your enrolment, payment of 50% of the course fee is required. Cancellations up to 15 working days prior to the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 15 working days will be subject to 100% cancellation fee.
AMCS reserves the right to cancel the course if insufficient registrations have been received by seven days from commencement of course. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
When making flight bookings please ensure you book on a fully refundable basis.
Scheduled sessions of this course are delivered at AMC Sydney and on demand sessions can be delivered in Launceston, Sydney, or at your premises.
AMC Sydney is located at the Australian National Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour, Sydney.
The address is: 2 Murray Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, NSW 2000, AU