Teamwork and survival training in an indoor facility
Our Survival Training Centre provides an indoor facility for controlled survival exercises.
A large indoor pool is adjacent to a mock-up of a ship’s superstructure, complete with liferaft launching facilities and other life saving appliances.
The centre is able to be blacked out for simulated night exercises, and can also create water turbulence, rain, wind noise and simulated storm effects.
The centre also contains a fully equipped classroom where safety equipment currently used at sea, can be demonstrated and examined in detail, before practical exercises are conducted.
As well as conducting survival and safety training in the Survival Training Centre, we can conduct survival training courses offsite, wherever there is a room for the theory sessions to be conducted and suitable water for practical sessions.
Corporate Challenge Program
Build and challenge your team's dynamic with our half or full day corporate challenge program.
The Survival Centre program tests individual and team strengths and weaknesses and also identifies threats to team survivability.
The program includes:
- Leadership and what it means
- Facilitated Q&A style session based around where the individual member see themselves, their role and what autonomy they feel they have within this role for their day to day activities
- Survival classroom – session based on theory around ability to survive in the most challenging of situations and how understanding the people you are with may play a part in your overall survival ability
- Discussion and teaching around use of survival equipment
- Conduct a night time abandonment drill, (based around the comfort level of each member). The idea is to challenge but not threaten the overall team dynamic and enjoyment process