Our Ship Operations Simulator comprises six ship operations cubicles and an 18-seat electronic chart display lab.
Uses and training programmes include:
- High speed craft operations to 60 knots
- Collision avoidance and navigation in confined waters in clear and reduced visibility
- Bridge Team Management
- Bridge watchkeeping procedures
- Navigation and Pilotage with Vessel Traffic Services (VTS)
- The use of radar, ARPA and navigational equipment including electronic charts, GPS, Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) and LOng RAnge Navigation C (LORAN-C)
- Marine casualty investigation
Ship models range from Very Large Crude Carrier’s (VLCC’s) to high and ultra high-speed ferries. Port and open sea areas include major areas of traffic convergence such as Sydney Harbour, Port Phillip Bay, Torres and Malacca Straits.