About Designated Security Duties (Online)
Designated Security Duties online equips trainees with the tools and skills to demonstrate competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities as listed in Table A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code, as amended:
- Maintain the conditions set out in a ship security plan
- Recognise of security risks and threats
- Undertake regular security inspections of the ship
- Proper usage of security equipment and systems.
Designated Security Duties online is provided using the University of Tasmania’s online learning environment, MyLO.
Computer setup: please check your browser is set up to use MyLO by checking this browser information.
Who should participate?
Seafarers who are designated to perform security duties, including anti-piracy and anti-armed-robbery-related activities.
To register for the course, please select Register Now. Payment of course fees, or authorisation to invoice from your company, is required before your online account is created. The online account creation process takes between 3-4 business days.Register Now
Online: approximately 10 hours
2018: AUD $575 (including GST)
The following certificates will be issued by AMC to participants who successfully complete the course:
- Designated Security Duties (AMSA approved), meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/6 and Code Section A-VI/6 paragraph 8, Table A-VI/6-2
Full attendance and participation in all activities during the course will satisfy the required performance criteria.
AMSA approved, in accordance with Marine Order 70 (Seafarer Certification) 2014.
To secure a course registration, payment of the course fee are required (or at minimum of 50% deposit). Payment methods accepted:
- Credit Card (online or via (03) 6324-9850)
- Bank Deposit Cheque/Money Order
- Company Invoice (approved companies only)
Detailed payment options will be made available after registration is submitted.