New Course: Maritime Human Factors for Design and Operations
This is the first offering of this comprehensive course for people working in the maritime industry who want a sound knowledge of how to apply human factors in the maritime industry, to understand human capabilities and limitations and how this affects human performance and well-being. The course is focused on people in operational roles, regulators, naval architects and designers of marine equipment and systems.
- Maritime systems models
- Accident theory and accident analysis
- Human Centred Design
- Anthropometry and Physical ergonomics
- Design of maritime control systems and control centres
- Human performance and variability (fatigue, stress, situational awareness, perception and sensing, decision-making)
- Safety Culture
- Negotiating the regulatory framework
- Using data to advocate for change in maritime systems.