Advanced Oil and Chemical Tanker Safety
Additional courses can be arranged at AMC or onsite, please contact: email@example.com.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Status||Register|
|Launceston, TAS||Sep 18 2017||Sep 22 2017||Places Available||Register Now|
Acknowledgement of registration will be provided by return email. Confirmation of registration is provided upon payment of the course fees, and subject to AMCS Registration Terms.
AUD $2,600 (GST not applicable)
Course Fee Include
- Course notes and writing materials
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Complimentary WIFI access
AMCS Registration Terms
To secure your enrolment, payment of 50% of the course fee is required. Cancellations up to 15 working days prior to the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 15 working days will be subject to 100% cancellation fee.
AMCS reserves the right to cancel the course if insufficient registrations have been received by seven days from commencement of course. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
When making flight bookings please ensure you book on a fully refundable basis.
The aim of these courses is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely handle, load, carry and discharge chemical tanker cargoes and the supervision and training of personnel involved in operation procedures. Courses can be conducted interstate, internationally, and separately on demand.
Certification Issue Prerequisite
To be eligible for the issue of an AMSA approved certificate, candidates must possess either a:
- Australian issued Tanker Familiarisation certificate, Basic First Aid Certificate (including CPR) and Basic Fire Fighting Certificate; or
- A Certificate of Competency which is, or has been, Tanker endorsed.
The following certificates will be issued by AMC to participants who successfully complete the course and provide documentary evidence to satisfy the course pre-requisite:
- Advanced Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations (AMSA approved), meeting the requirements of STCW Reg V/1-1 and Code Section A-V/1-1, paragraph 3 Table A-V/1-1-3.
- Advanced Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations (AMSA approved), meeting the requirements of STCW Reg V/1-1 and Code Section A-V/1-1, paragraph 2 Table A-V/1-1-2.
Full attendance and participation in ALL activities during the course will satisfy the required performance criteria.
If you do not hold the required pre-requisites, you will be issued with an AMC Statement of Results.
Participants are entitled to apply to AMSA for a endorsement on the relevant Tanker.
The course is conducted at the Australian Maritime College, Newnham Campus in Launceston Tasmania
Participants arriving at Launceston Airport should make their way to the Australian Maritime College, Newnham Drive, Newnham. Taxi fare from the airport is approximately $55.00.
Parking: Complimentary car parking is provided on campus in areas designated to AMCS participants and clients.
On-campus accommodation can be reserved via the online enrolment form. Further information is provided here, together with off-campus options.
To secure a course registration, payment of the course fee are required (or at minimum of 50% deposit). Payment methods accepted:
- Credit Card (online or via (03) 6324-9850)
- Bank Deposit
- Cheque/Money Order
- Company Invoice (approved companies only)
Detailed payment options will be made available after registration is submitted.