CoC Revalidation – Part A and B (Masters and Deck Officers)
This course is designed for holders of an AMSA issued Certificates of Competency (Master and Deck Officers) who do not hold the qualifying sea service.
Please note the prerequisite is for entry onto the course. In order for enrolment to be accepted, evidence must be provided at enrolment point:
- Certificates of Competency (Master, Deck and Engineer Officers)
Additional courses can be arranged, please contact: Course Administration Manager.
CoC Revalidation Part A & B
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Status||Register|
|Launceston, TAS||Aug 22 2017||Sep 11 2017||Places Available||Register Now|
|Launceston, TAS||Oct 09 2017||Oct 27 2017||Places Available||Register Now|
|Launceston, TAS||Nov 07 2017||Nov 25 2017||Places Available||Register Now|
Acknowledgement of registration will be provided by return email. Confirmation of registration is provided upon payment of the course fees, and subject to AMCS Registration Terms.
AUD $9,105 (GST not applicable)
Course Fee Include
- Course notes and writing materials
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Complimentary WIFI access
AMCS Registration Terms
To secure your enrolment, payment of 50% of the course fee is required. Cancellations up to 15 working days prior to the scheduled date will be accepted without penalty. Cancellations less than 15 working days will be subject to 100% cancellation fee.
AMCS reserves the right to cancel the course if insufficient registrations have been received by seven days from commencement of course. Any fees paid for cancelled courses will be refunded in full.
When making flight bookings please ensure you book on a fully refundable basis.
The course is approved by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) meeting the requirements for Masters and Deck Officer Revalidation.
The following certificate will be issued by AMC to participants who successfully complete the course:
- Revalidation Course for Masters and Deck Officers – Part A and B (AMSA approved) and includes the following full STCW short courses:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (STCW Reg VI/2)
- Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW Reg VI/3)
- Security Awareness Training (AMSA approved) meeting the requirements of STCW Reg VI/6 and Code Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4, Table A-VI/6-1.
Full attendance and participation in ALL activities during the course will satisfy the required performance criteria.
The information below is provided to you as a guide only. It is recommended you check with AMSA regarding the current requirements.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness: All applicants for revalidation of a Master, Deck or Engineer Officer certificate of competency must hold a valid AMSA seafarer’s certificate of medical fitness issued by an AMSA approved doctor.
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate: All applicants for revalidation of a Masters or Deck Officers certificate of competency must hold either a valid AMSA GMDSS GOC or an AMSA GMDSS GOC Certificate of Recognition.
- Security Awareness Endorsement: To revalidate a certificate after 31 December 2016 a seafarer must hold a Security Awareness endorsement (STCW Reg VI/6).
- ECDIS: To serve on an ECDIS equipped vessel the seafarer must hold an ECDIS endorsement (STCW Reg II/1 & II/2).
The course is conducted at the Australian Maritime College, Newnham Campus in Launceston Tasmania
Participants arriving at Launceston Airport should make their way to the Australian Maritime College, Newnham Drive, Newnham. Taxi fare from the airport is approximately $55.00.
Parking: Complimentary car parking is provided on campus in areas designated to AMCS participants and clients.
On-campus accommodation can be reserved via the online enrolment form. Further information is provided here, together with off-campus options.
To secure a course registration, payment of the course fee are required (or at minimum of 50% deposit). Payment methods accepted:
- Credit Card (online or via (03) 6324-9850)
- Bank Deposit
- Cheque/Money Order
- Company Invoice (approved companies only)
Detailed payment options will be made available after registration is submitted.